The photographs here are all related in some way to one or more Al Stewart songs. There are only ten photos, but some may not be that easy to identify. Have a go at answering the questions below and see if you can get on the Like Timeless Wine
Roll of Honor of all correct answers. This is just for fun, and there are no prizes up for grabs – so don’t get too serious about it all!
For each photograph name:
- the location and/or main item shown in the picture
- the song to which it relates
- the composer(s) of the song
- the line(s) in the song where the location and/or item is either specifically mentioned, or indirectly referred to in the lyrics
- the Al Stewart recording on which the song was originally released, stating whether it was on an album or single (or both), and vinyl or CD (or both).
So, for example, if there was a photograph of market stalls in Casablanca (there isn’t), the answers would be:
- Casablanca, market stalls
- “Year Of The Cat”
- Al Stewart and Peter Wood
- “On a morning from a Bogart movie”; “By the blue tiled walls near the market stalls”
- Year Of The Cat vinyl album and “Year Of The Cat” vinyl single.
- all the photos were taken at locations in England in late October/early November
- two of the photos relate to the same track
- you’ll notice that the photograph for questions 1 and 2 is the same, as is the one for questions 7 and 8. This is intentional, as one photograph is connected in some way to two different songs. Details for both songs are required. The song in question 1 was released before the one in question 2, and the question 7 song predates the one in question 8
- not all the tracks referred to were written by Al, but they do all appear on his officially released recordings
- the connection between the location and the song is occasionally a bit tenuous, so some lateral thinking (and a good knowledge of Al’s lyrics) may help!
Some latitude will be applied to “location” answers, so street names won’t necessarily be required in all cases. Similar leeway will apply to the relevant lyrics, so there’s no need to recite the entire song – just the main lyrics that contain the essence of the photo or the connection between them. The answers for questions 1, 2 and 7 have been partially completed to get you started, and to help you distinguish the two different songs to which the same photo relates.
Submit your answers whenever you like – there’s no time limit or closing date – and you can enter as many times as you like. Entries with all correct answers will be announced as and when received. Best of luck!×
This is just for fun - no prizes up for grabs!
The photographs here are all related in some way to one or more Al Stewart songs. There are only ten different photos, but some may not be easy to identify.
Have a look at the Rules and Clues by clicking on the boxes at the right, and click on the picture to enlarge the image. Then have a go at answering the questions below and see if you can get on the Like Timeless Wine Roll of Honor of all correct answers. Show the world how much of an Al fan you really are!
No purchase is necessary.